Operation Grat-itude:

An experiment on how being grateful for the little things can improve this chicks perspective. Documenting my personal list of things that were awesome, and grrr-eat about my world.


P.S. Someday I will take over the world!



Monday, April 12, 2010

Mission Possible


My life has been a series of 'whammies'. At least it feels that way sometimes. By whammies I refer to the way in which I seem to have chosen to learn thus far. The 'HARD WAY,' some call it. 'School of Hard Knocks,' others refer to it as. "Whammies' sounds funny to me. Without getting into a daytime soap opera-ish melodrama, let's just say the path less traveled, has been the one I choose most often.
But when ever I get smacked across the face, I fight back like a ninja. With my mind. By somehow looking through the whammy to find the reason. The 'good' in the situation. My self-help research has suggested it, and based on this scientific knowledge= not all those people could be wrong. They say write down everyday in a "Gratitude Journal' what you are thank-ful for that particular day. Somedays I'm just happy to be breathing. Thankful that shit is finally over?! Somedays go down like that when we're human! It seemed like a waste of paper, even for a paper hoarder like myself, yet still a fantastic idea. So i began trying it more and more in my head most nights...and low and behold it works. Why not share the good vibes! Maybe you'll even see your name here! So today, Monday April 12 at 1:29 pm Manitoba time, I am gonna start a project. With all the filth in this world, it helps to keep our attitudes ones of grat-itude. Cheese! Ladies, and gentlemen I hereby give to you:

Operation Grat-itude: Everyday for 1 year beginning now, I will come to this blog, and share with you my personal list of things that were awesome and great about to today. Feel free to take part in your own way! THANK-YOU!

Today, I am grateful for: The day off!!, full fat yogurt (yummy!) crossing things off to-do lists, boyfriend kisses, cute puppies, sunshine, small on-hold time at the cell bill company, and a credit on my bill so it wasn't as bad as I thought and whew! And nice cust. service too!
To Mom:~ being able to return a small favor even though I owe you a so much more~


Xoxoxo
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment