Operation Grat-itude:

An experiment on how being grateful for the little things can improve this chicks perspective. Documenting my personal list of things that were awesome, and grrr-eat about my world.


P.S. Someday I will take over the world!



Friday, September 3, 2010

Oooooops....

So, yesterday I had one of 'those' days. You know...the one where you shouldn't have bothered getting up at all. It started ok. For the first 15 or so. Then, I put my contacts in....and the great BURN began. OUCH!! I had one of the contacts folded over, and spend precious moments digging around in my eyeball until I found it. So half an hour went by until I could cleary see again. Which made me considerably behind in my timing. On my way out the door, I couldn't find my shoes. Someone had been playing dress-up with them and hid them in the living room. Then...my purse went missing. I ransacked the poor house hunting this down, as it also held my keys meaning I couldn't go anywhere until it was found. Luckily I did find it, under the airdrying laundry on the chair. But I was 10 mins late for work. Things were going much better until lunchtime. When I ran the van into the fence. I knew I would do it someday as our driveway is so narrow, and yesterday was the day. Part of the fence is missing, and the van has a few scrapes, and dents that weren't there before. Then, I made a nice little fryed egg sandwich. I put ranch on everything, so my sandwich was no different. Except that ALL of the dressing came out all at once....and it wasnt' ranch after all...it was caesar. Herumph!!!
For the remainder of the day, I didn't attempt much of anything. No touching electronics, stoves, or anything. And that went better.
So I'm grateful that I am able to laugh it off, that no one was seriously hurt, and that was all that happened. And that my love didn't get overly upset about the van.

xoxo
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment