Operation Grat-itude:

An experiment on how being grateful for the little things can improve this chicks perspective. Documenting my personal list of things that were awesome, and grrr-eat about my world.


P.S. Someday I will take over the world!



Friday, September 10, 2010

Ah, Ah, Ah....Chooo

I am SO Sorry I have been MIA... yet again. I have been felled by the 'cold that never ends'...yet again.
Seriously...snotty!
Where does it come from? Why won't it go away already?
I finally got the nerve up to check out a Neti Pot though. Wierd, but it works. A little bit. My sinus's are majorly buggered I'm afraid. I cannot taste a thing...or smell either. I think I sound a bit funny too. Oh well...
We did survive the Back 2 Skewl shopping blitz. Barely...but we did it! Not on the time frame we had hoped for, but it all got done.
Last weekend, before I came down with the CTNE we had my Love's parents for dinner. We slow-cooked a roast, and had veggies and potatoes and all that fun stuff. It was a nice way to spend a quiet night visiting, and all the yummy fall type foods helped get me 'into' the vibe that is autumn. I've been planning up a storm of grr-eat things to-do for fall, while I was resting my stuffy melon. Check out Girled Cheese...I posted some fun links up there just now.
We went mushroom picking on a nature hike last weekend too. It was so much fun. Although we didn't end up taste-testing any of our fungi as finding out what is poisonous, or not proved to be more challenging than expected, I did learn quite alot. The kids sure thought it was an adventure too!
Everyone has been great about getting up and getting to school. I made them a scavenger hunt today where chocolate cake before supper was the surprise in the end! I wanted them to come home to something fun, after a long week...and they deserved it since they have done so well, and been trying SO hard with all the new-ness of our living together, and back to school! Who doesn't love Dessert First!!!!!

I love our little family...even when we spread our germs back and forth!!
Now that I've got the Neti, and am consuming large amounts of Vitamin C, I'm sure I'll be back to my regularly scheduled posting!

Thanks for your patience!

xoxox
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment