Operation Grat-itude:

An experiment on how being grateful for the little things can improve this chicks perspective. Documenting my personal list of things that were awesome, and grrr-eat about my world.


P.S. Someday I will take over the world!



Saturday, December 11, 2010

Just Breathe




As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.



- John F. Kennedy







Life!! It has got me under it's big, all engaging thumb lately. As you may have noticed, I haven't been here in quite a while...things went a bit KA-RAZY for a bit there. The shit truck made a big dump at our front door. I've had little time for anything else but trying to get through it.

But....that being said...as we have been wading in the crappola, there has been plenty of learning experiences, patience praticing, and remembering to be grateful for the little things.
I've been keeping a mental tally, and here are but a few of the things I've come to hold so dear that have gotten, and continue to help me through...

My dear friends, with their kind words, offers of assistance and just for being there. My amazing family....I've had the oppurtunity to visit with nearly all of them, albeit breifly in the past few weeks and it lifted my spirits immensely to share a few moments with them. My wonderful girl...who is doing SO well these days. She's back folks! She has worked so hard, and I'm so very proud of her. She's the best thing any Mom could ask for. Knowing that she's making so much progress makes all the hard decisions, and sacrifices worthwhile.

Speaking of hard choices...the move. For everyones sake, it came at just the right time as it turns out. It has been so difficult for My Love and I to adjust to being apart, and having our time cut together cut shorter and shorter due to unforseen bumps in the road...but it just makes our love for one another that much stronger. I'm ever grateful for what we have found in each other.

Speaking of My Love, who has had so much responsibility placed on his shoulders. I admire his strength, and level-headedness. He has the patience of a saint, and the ability to keep laughing and smiling throughout the chaos. He's one of the best Dad's and men that I know.

Speaking of great men, I'm so grateful to my Brothers guardian angel for keeping him safe, and here with us. He had a terrible vehicle accident, but somehow managed to make it through with just a concussion and a few bumps and bruises.
That's all I can ever ask for...a family that is safe, and happy


Okay...well maybe just a.....

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas this year is a chance to breathe.
For all our worries and troubles to be behind us.
For each and everyone of us.
For peace.


All my love, and gratitude,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment